riflekshuns

My Last Ditch Attempt To Fight Boredom

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

'nother dull day at office

i was supposed to submit the Technical Requirements Document(TRD) for a project im currently working on called Business Transformation Applications(BTA) yesterday(the original name of the project has been changed for confidentiality reasons!;also 'coz i'll b a dead man if my manager stumbles on this blog n sees the original name). In simpler terms its just dumb documentation for a godforesaken work that is also called 'project'. I've mastered the art of copy-pasting.Kno wat, i can press ctrl c+ctrl v with my eyes closed now and im not kidding.

Today was the deadline for my week-long efforts. wen i logged into my messenger this morning, i got an IM from my manager.
"Prasanna, yt"
translate::"Prasanna.. You r Trash"
"y," i answered.
translate::"Yep! you got it right im trash"
"There is a slight complication"
translate::" Either you or me or someone in the project has screwed big time"
"I need to talk about the BTA project, if u r free"
"no prob, wats the issue," I replied.
translate::"iv just entred office and i dare not to leave my seat so soon. obv im free..wats the issue"
"iv received a mail from senior management that BTA is getting scrapped"
translate::"All the documentation shit u did in the past week goes right into the bin."
"oh..," i said.
translate::"thats gr8. i missed argentina's 6-0 thrashing of serbia 'coz i had a deliverable that day. ironically, the deliverable isnt gna b delivered."
"Dont worry man.think about the business knowledge you gathered in this project.believe me.. no other project imparts so much functional knowledge blah blah....."
translate::"you must have mastered MS word right, atleast ctrl+c and ctrl+v? believe me... with all its bugs, Word still beats other word processors hands down blah,blah...."


..and it went on n on n on. Ultimately i need to prepare a document(yep.right, MS word again) detailing the work n progress(duh) that s been made so far. which is why i need to sign off now or face my manager's wrath.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger Karthik Balasubramanian said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Karthik Balasubramanian said...

    knew it was inevitable.. blogs are the best ways to express the sorrow and boredom of a software professional. keep goin my man. show your literary talents, atleast u can use your brain for that. and its also much better to type letters other than just ctrl,c and v.

    great read though. keep blogging

     
  • At 3:06 PM , Anonymous Bhavia said...

    Thank God,I was not having a blog during my first year of job.If so,I must have shed down my exasperation about my "sweet" boss and my "wonderful" team.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home