riflekshuns

My Last Ditch Attempt To Fight Boredom

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My bike sucks!!!

'MY BIKE SUCKS,'- a statement that you can be sure to hear from seven among ten young Indians. Here I am sitting in front of my lean,mean machine, cursing it at every chance I get. "The Indian Auto Industry needs a rejig; the processess have to be streamlined; the retailer has to tell me the possible problems that I might face; I deserve more than this junk. Probably a car would be the ideal solution". I lament little realising that no one gives a damn about what I think.

Strange! Just a year ago, this bike seemed to be the bestest(?!). I can still visualize myself glowing with pride when the manager handed me the documents(license et al). Though I missed out on earlier opportunities, I made sure I would do the best to hold on to this bike. And it was the best bike in town. I still remember my mom raving about my bike and its features to every Ram,Vicky and Hari.

But only after using the bike for a year did I realize that owning a bike was not all glitz and glamor. I realized how boring it is to ride a bike. I was expecting rides to be pulsating; images of Valentino Rossi flashing in my mind. Smooth concrete roads, sexy women around, an exciting lifestyle in the fast lane. But reality bites and it bit me real hard.

The rides are'nt thrilling anymore. I hardly get to ride my bike. Even if I do, it is in one lousy road; the traffic moving at snail's pace.
Welcome to the glamorous world of Motor Racing.

The deadening effect due to riding bikes is not uncommon. Ask any student passing out of college who has got a new bike and you will hear the saddest of elegies, fit to find a place in any of the daily soaps.

So what do you do once you find that you have had enough with your bike?
a)You go for a better bike. You say,'Pulsar is for toddlers.Come on Thunderbird'.(the grass IS always greener on the other side)
b)You have the b***s to part with your bike and go for a less glamourous vehicle that is close to your heart.It could even be a bicycle. In short, to do what you really want and not what others do.
c) Go for a higher degree vehicle(a small car,an SUV..whatever)

The third option seems to be the safest and is the craze among the average Indian bike owner. Of course, making the shift is not easy. Sleepless nights mastering the art of driving,dedicated practise during driving classes.But the long term goals(if any), do look achievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home